Baylor Bears for Life Win "Group of the Year" at SFLA Conference
Under the leadership of Rachana Chhin, the Bears for Life group at Baylor University was named Group of the Year and awarded $1000 at the Students for Life of American conference in Washington, D.C.
Grabbing many headlines in their local campus paper,The Lariat, this group has been tireless and very active this past year promoting life on their campus, in Waco, and beyond:
- Organized a Diaper Drive to collect diapers, blankets, baby formula, etc. for the local crisis pregnancy center and Salvation Army
- On the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, B4L planted about 1,000 pink and blue flags on Fountain Mall, representing the number of babies killed in Waco each year (last year their cross display was vandalized)
- Walked in the March for Life in Washington, D.C. with hundreds of thousands of other pro-lifers (click here to see the video)
- Hosted various screenings of pro-life movies including Maafa 21, Demographic Winter, Tilly, Amazing Grace, and Bella
- Gave out free cupcakes to student to tell them that every child deserves a birthday (www.CupcakesforLife.com)
- Held protests/prayer vigils with 40 Days for Life outside the local No Parenthood facility
- Participated in the Pro-life Day of Silent Solidarity
- Wrote op-eds supporting pro-life health care legislation
- Volunteered to help staff Care Net's 25th Anniversary Celebrate Life Banquet featuring Mike Huckabee
Bears for Life is an excellent, model group that pro-life student groups across the nation should emulate. Kudos to them for their dedication to a most worthy cause!